A Letter For Mayflower

Miss Phoebe Congo
No. 7 Blind Lane Avenue,
Ernest Town S.E.18
20th February , 1805


Dear Mayflower,
One plus One = Twofar
My loyalty to this cause runs too far
Before dawn, I stood up on my feet for you
Your cry had touched me greatly
I was rooting for you... How dare you!
To believe I didn't realize how far gone in I was for you
You nurtured this soul train to a clash point
Head lights sparking off to a flash point
Sirens blowing up the silence
I begged for water and you fed me off the river you created with my tears

People do me bad and I wish I did them worse
As it is I have no interest in working with someone
who is too important or too self conserved 
or too slow to take a call for me at 3:00am
Why is it that I've never cried to you about the things that break me?
Because you don't think I've toiled enough to be rewarded
But at the break of spring I let the colors spill
And I forgave you

So I say to everybody, 
Please do your best and live right,
Appreciate people,
Forgive anyone who has offended you,
And let it all go
As water washes dirt, let peace reign
I forgive you for every time I hurt myself
I forgive you for every time I wanted to turn around and leave
I forgive you for breaking me down
Little did I know I had to break down for God to build me back up

With love,
Your  Best Friend.


pink.ink.on.paper


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEDUCE

About The Writter

Find X In The Equation