MAN


In this very heated confrontation
we were heads to heads involved in,
Too often than usual, I overheard - 
"you don't talk to a man like that"
Ade? 
A man? 
But what could possibly make Adeola a man? 
I thought.
And "Man like no other!!!" his mates will cheer.
But before he is a man, he is first a person 
And before he is this person, 
He is human,
Then a friend, 
A lover, 
And a brother
One would think him tough, but he built up these walls to hide
Stood them up to shield and that's all he had
I've never seen anyone with guards that high 
Yet heart so fragile 
Too upset but more ignorant to see, 
I went straight for the heart expecting it's core
I pounced, then I struck and leaped up for jubilation
In my wildly foolish mind, I had stuck a demon 
But something was different 
It appeared my palms where covered in blood
He too had had a rough past
And like the rest of us
It takes time for healing to take place 
At this point I knew Adeola too is a man
He is first a person
And before he is this person,
He is human,
Then a friend,
A lover,
And a brother 
And powerful men like Adeola get tired of trying for the wrong lovers 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEDUCE

About The Writter

Find X In The Equation